1. The “Terms and Procedure of Adoption” can be collected from SAA reception. After reading the terms and procedure, the applicant is required to submit the Adoption Application Form and Evaluation Form for processing.
2. SAA staff will thereafter contact the applicant about the feasibility of adoption based on the health status of theanimal. Then, the applicant is required to provide the related documents for the application. (e.g. proof of address, proof of identity, the photos of the installed mosquito screens (if adopt cat) and the photos of the living environment)(*For self-owned property, please submit the latest Consolidated Demand for Rates and/or Government Rent & valid electricity bill / water bill / town gas bill within last 3 months. *For rental property, please submit valid Stamped Tenancy Agreement & valid electricity bill / water bill / town gas bill within last 3 months.) Please send us the document through WhatsApp or Email.
* Mosquito Screens Reference
3. The applicant must visit the chosen animal for at least 3-4 times and undertake the basic care course and dog training course (if adopt dog). (The number and length of the lessons depend on the temperament of the animal.)
4. Home visit will be conducted after the applicant completed the process 1 to 3 above. SAA staff will observe and determine whether the living home/environment is suitable for the chosen animal.
5. After the evaluation by SAA, the staff will inform the applicant the result of the application.
6. The applicant must agree to the term of mandatory sterilization for the adopted animal. If the applicant disagrees this term, SAA reserves the rights to reject the application. If the chosen animal is not sterilized yet, the applicant is required to pay $2,000 deposit (per animal upon adoption). The deposit will be fully returned by cheque when the applicant submits the proof that the animal has undergone the sterilization surgery within ONE YEAR of Adoption through email (firstname.lastname@example.org). If SAA do not receive the proof of sterilization within one year of adoption, SAA reserves the right to seize back the adopted animal
7. After the application has been approved, the applicant must sign and submit an official adoption form to SAA on the day the applicant brings the animal home.
Copy This URL and Share It
or share it to